8.07.2011

True Love.


Do you ever wonder where true long lasting love has gone?
Ya know, the kind of love that you would do anything and everything for each other.
The kind of love that after five years of being with each other you still get giddy seeing each other.
The kind of love where you grow old and wrinkly together.
I can easily name ten different people off the top of my head that I know personally who have cheated on their spouse or have gotten a divorce. One, even in my own extended family.
And this scares me.
Tremendously.
It's sad that eternal marriage is now taken lightly and brushed to the side.

I however have incredible examples in my life to diminish my fears.
One being my parents.
I love that when my mom was in the hospital my dad was there at her bedside by seven in the morning and didn't leave till midnight.
I love that he will randomly bring her flowers home.
I love that he surprises her with random little trips to St. George to see a play.

Another amazing example that I have in my life is Melissa and Brad Elder.
I actually kinda feel sheepish talking about them cause they have no idea I secretly admire their relationship.
There is just something about this couple that makes them so darn cute.
You can tell they mean the world to each other.
By how they talk to one another.
By how they act towards one another.
And I am truly grateful for this example.

To all the family and friends that are truly in love...
Thank you!
You give me something to look forward to.

You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams
{Dr. Suess}

No comments:

Post a Comment