4.04.2011

Conference Weekend.

Confession: This is the first time in probably years that I have stayed awake during Sunday conference.
My bad.
Those men know what they're talking about.

My favorite talk was by Richard G. Scott.
Such a sweet old man.

"My heart weeps for the sisters who haven't had the opportunity to marry. Some of you may feel lonely and unappreciated and cannot see how it will be possible for you to have the blessings of marriage and children and your own family. All things are possible to the lord and he keeps the promises he inspires his prophets to declare. Eternity is a long time. Have faith in those promises and live to be worthy of them so that in his time the lord can make them come true in your life. With certainty you will receive every promised blessing for which you are worthy."
Do you ever have those moments where it seems like the person who's speaking wrote the talk just for you.
Well I had one of those moments.


I also liked a talk by this one guy. I can't seem to remember his name though. Dang. Should have wrote it down. But he talked about "to be's"

"Christlike to be's cannot be seen. But they are motivating force behind what we can do which can be seen."

Loved this talk. Made me want to be a better person.
So here's my to be list

{to be}
a loyal friend
a regular temple goer
an inspirational teacher
married for eternity in the temple
a little more grateful
a supportive wife
forgiving of people who have hurt me deeply
a nurturing mother
closer to Christ

1 comment:

  1. I loved those talks too! Oh and McCall...you are 20, marriage will come. Loved the goals though, and love you

    ReplyDelete