12.27.2011

Feliz Navidad.

My poor dad got shafted from all his family traditions when he married my mom.
Mostly cause all his family is far away in a different state.
So this year we decided to do Christmas a little different- Mexican style.
Growing up my dad would have a huge Mexican food feast. Mass afterwords. Then open presents at midnight. Sometimes they would even go into Tijuana to celebrate.
So we did just that.
Minus the Tijuana part though, cause that's scary stuff.
And we didn't go to mass either. Thought about it, but those Mexicans take Mass seriously.
Especially on Chritmas Eve.


Homemade flautas, guac, beans and rice? Yes please! My absolute favorite.


Notice the colors in the jello...
Red, green and white.
Christmas colors? Nope.
Supportin' the colors of the Mexican flag.


Traditional Mexican poinsettias.

Opening up presents at midnight I think was the best part.
Didn't have to wake up early in the morning.
And I'll take any second of sleep I can get.

Feliz Navidad and Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment