2.20.2011

Blessed.

Do you ever feel like the trials you have are a piece of cake compared to others?
Today at church a lady shared a story of how when she was 24 her husband died from a hit and run car crash.
Leaving her with a six month old and a two year old to raise by herself.
Another lady shared of how her 30 year old son committed suicide just before Christmas. 
I can't even begin to imagine how hard that would be.
What strong people they both must be to have to go through those trials.
After hearing these two stories I felt so silly for complaining about the trials that I have.
I have it so easy.
I have a roof over my head.
Money in my bank account.
Clothes on my back.
A job that I love to hate.
I'm healthy, with no terminal illness.
I have two legs to walk with and eyes and ears to hear with.  
I don't have to deal with a death.
I live in a safe country.
I have a family that loves me and friends that care for me.
I am blessed.


No comments:

Post a Comment