2.24.2011

But Teacher, I love you.

Today was just one of those days at work.
The kids were on edge.
I heard  teeeaacher she hit me, teeeaaacherrr she touched me, teeeaaacher he punched me, teeeaaacherrr she's not sharing, teeeaacherr he used a potty word, teeeaacherr she looked at me, every....five...seconds.

There are days when I come home from work and just lay there, sprawled out on my bed.
And listen to the silence.
This is one of those days.

Their new favorite thing to do is to compliment me the whole day.
They seem to think they won't get into trouble when they do this.
"Oooh Miss. McCall you are so pretty!"
"Teacher you are the prettiest of them all!"
"You're cute teacher."
"I like you're hair Miss. McCall"

Katie: I like everything about you excepts for yours necks and and hands.
Me: Thanks? I think...

Another one of their favorite things to do when they are about to get into trouble is to tell me they love me.
Me: Jayde, you need to go to timeout.
Jayde: But teacher I love you!

Me: Kaden if you do not stop hitting your friends, you are going to go to.....
Kaden: Teacher, I just love you!

They are right, it does make it a lot harder to discipline them when they say things like that.
Smarty pants.

No comments:

Post a Comment